5/31/2005

What would you do if I sang out of tune?

I am slowly coming to the sad realization that Ethan will not be a singer...at least not one who carries a tune. Who knows, this could all change (that's what I've been telling myself for a while) but I'm beginning to wonder if the time for this skill to manifest has come and gone. Ethan loves to listen to music and dance and even enjoys "singing" along, but the melody becomes lost in the commotion.

Cousin Lexie has been able to carry a tune for quite some time now and I'm beginning to notice this ability in other kids his age. Still, he definitely appreciates music. And who knows, he could be a composer or performer extraordinaire.

6 comments:

Booker said...

Maybe he's just tone deaf. And lots of famous 'musicians' have overcome all sorts of obstacles. So continue hoping, maybe Ethan will get that deal and make millions and you can live off him in ease for the rest of your life...

Anonymous said...

Whether he's in tune or not, now that he KNOWS those ABC's, you'd just BETTER sing along with him... who needs perfect pitch when you've got repetition, volume and enthusiasm? He's just like all the greats!

Anonymous said...

You're all too optimistic. Beethoven could feel tone vibrations and recognize pitches long after becoming deaf. Mozart wrote "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" when he was 7. Ethan's best hope is to be a drummer, or a Bob Dylan. Let's pray he doesn't become a rapper...

-Pat

ljm said...

Hey Pat--
you're just looking for a chance to criticize B. Dylan--

Anonymous said...

My genes and I are just going to creep backwards out of the room. Nothing to see here.

Booker said...

Hmm, rapper names for Ethan. Unfortunately, my ghetto lingo is pretty non-existant, so I can't even fake it and make some up...

Bet ur glad for that, eh?