7/29/2005

An educational field trip

My introduction to the institution of Krispy Kreme was in my third year of Bible school. If you can even call it an introduction. Our class took a trip to Florida and this was where Stacy and I (the 3rd yr. girls) discovered one morning that the guys had eaten a whole package of Krispy Kreme doughnuts without consulting us! We learned this because we saw the package in the trash. Maybe it was their revenge for the large chunks of raw onion we put in their sandwiches but, whatever the reason, we never let them forget it.

Well, partially inspired by Craig's blog on Krispy Kreme and knowing that there was a store closeby, I decided we should try it out. It did not disappoint.



It was fun to watch the making of the donuts and even better to sample them. It was a little startling to watch one of the workers at the end of the donut-assembly line, grabbing up large handfuls of apparently flawed donuts and throwing them away! For shame!




The New York Cheesecake Donut--Yum!!!


Ethan devours his chocolate glazed Donut--or is it Doughnut?

13 comments:

Booker said...

Now I want DONUTS!!!!

ljm said...

Wow--how did you comment so FAST?

CKS said...

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Liane, I can't tell you how THRILLED I am that you had this experience and told us about it! The best part is seeing Ethan introduced to gastronomical divinity at such a young age! Woohoo! I affirm you! I'm enjoying it vicariously...oh, to watch the doughnuts slide through the glaze waterfall with a child by your side--that would be pleasure indeed. I wish I'd had that privilege when I was 2.

(P.S. with KK, it's doughnuts)

Claire said...

Love the hats - you're stylin'!

KJ said...

Great pictures and looks like you had a great time. I remember you telling me the story of your third year trip and the onions when I was in FL this past year. What fun you and Stacey must have had!

Mrs. RF said...

Oh my, I think I need to visit a KK soon! Well done!

KMS said...

That's great, Liane. Makes me want to head for the closest KK. Looks like a super field trip.

drewey fern said...

You're such an awesome Mom!

Booker said...

I commented so fast for the following reasons:

First-in my cave I have a blog radar and everytime someone posts something new, my Big Red Blogphone rings off the hook.

Second-the Governer always calls me up whenever there is a tough blog he can't solve, and let me tell you, he's not the brightest in the business.

So there you have it, BlogMan, to the Rescue!!

CKS said...

BLOGMAN???

Okay, that's it...somebody needs a life.

Booker said...

Define "a life" :)

Kristi said...

I think that donuts might just look and smell better than they taste, but the look of that cheesecake donut is sure making my mouth water!

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering now if you've ever had a KK doughnut, Kristi? Because they taste even better than they look! Liane, you almost had my mouth watering with those pictures. Awesome, awesome!