3/26/2006

Another Cautionary Knitting Tale

So, I've been wanting to do another felted project lately, specifically a felted bag. I've been on the lookout for a good pattern and had my eye on one at a favorite knitting blog. I hesitate to provide the link because, well, then my finished product looks extra sad, but it's a great free pattern. Look for the buttenhole bag link at the top right of the blog.

It was a quick knit on large needles and very easy really, but I still managed to mess it up.









I don't recommend knitting in the dark, or semi-dark anyway. I didn't want to wake up Drew who often sleeps in the swing out in the living room and so I tried keeping the lights low. So, I'll blame the uncentered handles on this error in judgement.
Here is the bag, in it's pre-felted glory:









And, after one wash cycle, behold:









I didn't have any grand plans for taking it out on the town so it doesn't matter much. I think I'll just use it as a receptacle for knitting detritus anyway.

2 comments:

Claire said...

As I looked at the middle picture, it seemed to me that Buzz Lightyear was attached to your creation as some sort of beaded object d'arte...or however you spell that...and then I scrolled down to the last picture and understood what was going on...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool bag thing.

And I just have to say I just randomly decided to check out the link to the pattern and that was the coolest blog ever, and I don't even knit. I loved it! It was fascinating! I skimmed my way all the way to the bottom of the page. What a neat idea for a blog. Am I just out of it or was that an unusually interesting blog?

You are so cool to be able to *make* stuff. Wow.

I love you!
Gretchen