5/24/2006

Vintage junk?














Does anyone else remember this toy from their youth or am I just ancient? I found this "Fisher Price Roly Poly Chime Ball" at a recent garage sale with my gararge saling buddies, Amy and Janelle. In fact, you could call them the Sub-Sale Queens. For several years now, they have targeted one specific sub-division in a wealthy neighborhood in order to catch their annual sales. This was my second year riding along and reaping the benefits (Yes, I found some items other than remarkable toys).

The Sub-sale Queens have a memory for detail which always astounds me. All of the homes, while beautiful, look so similiar to me but they have a story about so many of them. "Oh, this was the place with the Prada bag, there's the house that sold electronic stuff"...and on and on. We were going to make a great documentary of our efforts, but, alas, I didn't bring the camera. No matter...we all made out like bandits.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those things! I want one! It looks brand spanking new even! Im sooo jealous, and also jealous bc I'd love to go yardsaling in poshville and be a bandit. "I want, I need, I want, I need"

lis said...

I remember those toys, though I don't know from where. Maybe the Fairwood nursery?

Congrats on the "banditry."

the Joneses said...

I had one of those as a child, and it was pretty beat up because it belonged originally to my older siblings. I think my mom still has it. They must have made a million of those things, and now they're a real find if you come across one.

I still remember what the chimes sound like.

-- SJ

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Nope, I surely don't remember a toy like that---Seems I don't even recall a company named Fisher Price when I was a kid either---but I do remember bein' a kid---fact is I never stopped bein' one!!! Wish I still had my Lincoln Log set... ...didja wear bandanas tied over your noses and have yer Ten Gallon Stetsons pulled down low over your eyes??? 8~D

Anonymous said...

I have one of them too! I picked it up at the Dublin Church rummage sale a few years back, I believe. Probably paid 50 cents for it--what a find!

the Joneses said...

The toy brings back memories of Nova Scotia. I'm not sure that it made the move down to New Hampshire with it. Like SJ, I remember exactly what the chimes sounded like.

--DJ

Linds said...

It must have made it to NH, DJ, b/c I remember it too! :)