12/08/2006

More making

The last of my big Christmas projects is done! (Although I do have a few more ideas of things to make for Ethan and Drew) This one is for someone who doesn't read my blog, I don't think, so I feel pretty safe posting pictures. This is my second time with this pattern, the felt clogs from Fiber Trends, and it produces satisfying results. I thought it might be interesting to post before and after pictures to see the changes from the felting progress. One note though: Do not use living, moving subjects such as your cat to give a sense of perspective. These are the kinds of things I learn the hard way.

Here they are pre-felt, about 14 inches long:












And after about forty minutes of hot water and agitation in the washer, still wet and needing to be shaped, at ten and a half inches or so, behold:













(Catnip used for photography purposes here)

For pictures with a little better perspective, look here.


Also, I signed up Ethan to participate in the Kid's Craft Weekly homemade Christmas card swap. It seemed like a good idea at the time. It really was fun for the most part and we managed to get all ten of our cards mailed today, several of which were sent off to highly exotic locations like Mexico, Spain, Australia and Canada! I know Ethan will enjoy getting mail of his own as well. He worked very hard making his.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Those felty clogs look RAD. Good ol' Neo...Very smart use of catnip.

Cristina said...

hey i was wondering about the felt clogs, i recently bought the mary-jane version pattern. the christmas card swap is a great idea and he looks.so.intent.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ethan...Wish we had more UK candidates...
Feliz Navidad:)

JJ said...

What the devil? Hand crafted cards? Cool idea and cool pics, but craaaaa-zeee, I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

You mean there are people who don't read your blog!?

Kristi said...

I'll take the kitty!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great job on the felted slippers. Josh's mom made him a pair last Christmas and he wears them all the time!