7/15/2011

A curious ancient pastime

Goal: Freshen up this old, incomplete croquet set, found free beside the road in our ol' Birmingham days. A little crazy. Just an aside, people make their own toilet paper. I'm not so bad.

DSC_4159

And nothing's crazy when you are stuck with four kids and no car for far longer than is decent. With the possibility of many more car-less days. Thank you, competent people of the mechanic world.

DSC_4163

Although I actually kind of like the old muted colors, I thought some fresh paint might be fun. Transformation brought to you by paintbrushes, a rag and a rubber band.





DSC_4175

After

DSC_6077


Next step: learn the fine points of croquet. And make some hoops.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Liane. I was without our van for a month!! UGH! I feel your pain, but you seem to be making the best of it. Good for you! But the most disturbing thing about it all is that you posted a link to make your own toilet paper....and I clicked on it. Guess I should go buy a tub of laundry soap just so I don't get carried away with making everything:) -- Brandi