11/16/2011

How to spell Thanksgiving

I've been looking forward to the Thanksgiving season.  It's good for my mental health.  Actively replacing all my natural discontent and worry with the reality of what's good.  So many good things. 

We plan to do the ol' listing of blessings at some point, whether I find an original way to do it or not.  In fact, we do a daily version of this but it does become pretty rote. 

Recently I came across the word "Obrigado" in a book and it brought back a flood of mostly-repressed memories from intern days in Rhode Island.  A time when I carried around Portuguese flashcards in my scrubs, hoping to communicate with patients.   Really, it was my supervisor I should have worried about.  Sadly, there were no flashcards to help me speak petty tyrant.

This, with another post I'd seen recently using pasta letters to make name-cards, gave me an idea.

A banner with "thank-you" in several different languages.  Good for the fine motor skills, pre-reading skills and more!



 

 

 

 

3 comments:

TheLab said...

This is (yet another) AWESOME craft! Thank you for all of these ideas and the photos to illustrate them!

I loved the line: "there were no flashcards to help me speak petty tyrant". Made me laugh out loud.

I'll be looking for this pasta! (I'm adding to my list which includes: canvas, crayons, new hairdryer).

Heidi said...

Really Cute! I have a GREAT advent calendar idea totally up your alley. I'll get you the info and email it to you or if I actually get to it, blog it myself...

ljm said...

Thanks, guys. I have to see this thing, Heidi...