4/07/2005

Shot of Sanity

Yesterday morning Keith took Ethan to the library for OVER AN HOUR! I could not believe what a soothing balm the absolute peace and quiet was to my poor mind. As the minutes flew by, I felt as if I had taken a powerful drug and was growing stronger by the second. Mothers really do need breaks from their beloved children in order to function. You don't have to tell me that twice.

The time apart did wonders for me and, maybe even for Ethan. Later that afternoon, I was playing with him outside, when, out of the blue, he exclaimed," You're my friend, Mama!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, here, for quiet de-childrened houses! I always thought I was one of those mothers who'd want to do everything with Daddy and the kids, but I sure feel differently now! Most times I'm happy to go on the outing, but the occasions when I've opted to stay home have been heavenly! So CLEAN and QUIET! God knew what he was doing when he made TWO parents!
~Ruth

KW said...

Wow! What you said about the powerful
drug, was very well put. Silence is GOLDEN,
Absence makes the heart grow fonder
and all that good stuff...

love
K