1/21/2006

There is something intoxicating about the smell of a baby's head. I could walk around with my nose buried in Drew's fuzzy noggin all day. There are so many little baby charms you forget about. The amazing way they can launch themselves off your shoulder with a strong jerk of their neck (yes, I know, support the head...), those little squeaky noises they make when waking up and stretching. And the amazing facial contortions they manage! It's fun to watch the expressions from wide eyes popping to furrowed brow (we call this Drew's Chloe look--Chloe from "24", that is) to the pathetic pulled down corners of the mouth before tears.












And, totally unrelated, here's a link to a Gap ad which I found amusing. Maybe it's the lack of sleep but I laughed so hard...

11 comments:

KW said...

Wow...I laughed until I cried...pretty over the top ad.
Wonder what the New Gap is going to be like?

melrandall said...

oh my word... that was awesome. It aroused some deep primal rage against GAP's perfection that I didn't even know I had.

On a different note, I wish I was there to smell that head and hear those squeaks...

Claire said...

What is it with you and smells?? Does it give you an urge to eat Drew's head too?

Loreo said...

Liane, you expressed the delights of new babies so perfectly! I'm going to add "New baby's head" to my list of scents that should be bottled. On my list already: "Summer's Night." I'm still waiting for a very lengthy download so I can see what this Gap ad is all about...

Booker said...

that Gap video was hilarious. I especially enjoyed the burly guy with the chain saw and the lady in the minivan. The look on her face as she decided to go "into the store" was great!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the smell of a babies head, i didn't realize how much i did it until i read your blog then i caught myself doing it quite frequently.

CKS said...

Hahaha...Drew's "Chloe look"...I can just picture it. Nice description.

the Joneses said...

Drew is such a beautiful child! Every single baby is sweet all over again. :)

-- SJ

KW said...

Hey!

Like your new title on your blog!

lis said...

O wow! Is that supposed to make you want to buy clothes? Very odd.

But the smell of a baby's head: that I understand. Even if my last "baby" brother is now eleven. :O)

Aaron said...

Haha! I finally got to see the ad at my dad's office (high-speed internet and all) and it was HILARIOUS! I loved it!