2/27/2007

Pistol Whipped




There is really no better way to describe what happened to me in my very own home two nights ago. I was lying on the floor, a few inches away from Drew, trying to keep him amused and occupied with my own clever tricks. Joining in the spirit of fun, in the unpredictable way of toddlers, Drew suddenly picked up Ethan's heavy laser gun lying beside him and swung it hard, in one smooth motion at my face. It happened so fast I didn't have time to react and when it hit, CRACK against my nose, I felt like I'd been struck by a two by four.

It HURT! I'm embarrassed to say that I began to cry immediately and profusely. Fortunately Drew had no reaction and seemed to think it was all part of the game. The worst part was realizing that my intense pain was caused by a one year old! And a rather puny one at that. I'm beginning to question my former notions of my own pain tolerance. Still, my nose was quickly swollen and red with a small scratch. I even tried to photograph myself for some proof but the pictures just do not do my wound justice. (Also, they made me realize that my eyebrows are in much need of grooming.)

4 comments:

Claire said...

Oh MAN! Ouch! I'm sorry! Who knew that young'uns could be so dangerous...

Perhaps he has a future in law enforcement...or maybe slap-stick comedy...

Anonymous said...

oooh that is brutal!!! raising children is a dangerous activity and i think you should start wearing a helmet and face guard when your doing it. and a bullet proof vest while your at it. full body armour, thats what you need.

Booker said...

Don't be embarrassed! The nose is SO sensitive, even big manly men cry when it gets hurt[unless they're in a movie :-)]

But who knew youngsters were so dangerous?

Anonymous said...

Augggh! You would not believe how many times Shawn has been injured in the head or face by the boys when he's been lying on the floor wiht them. Something about having Daddy within range just seems to inspire their violence...or at least their impulsive behaviour.