7/26/2007

Slow news day













A recent yard sale acquisition, this Parcheesi game in near-mint condition, brought back many memories as I attempted to teach Ethan some long-forgotten ins and outs. The brightly colored playing pieces, the particular layout and colors of the board carried me back to the many, many games of my childhood, lounging on our living floor. I remember my father attempting to shake the dice in various bizarre ways so it would do his bidding. I remember well the feeling of excitement when I could count ahead and see my chance to bump another player off their space. There were many meltdowns and tears. And evil chuckles of glee.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Poor Ethan. He's doomed to failure. He has no chance against his Luck O' the Irish mother. I remember commiserating with Daddy about how UNCANNY it is that you are so incredibly lucky. The dice listen to your dulcet tones and jump to do thy bidding.

Booker said...

I LOOOOOOVE Parcheesi. That is one board game I think I shall eventually have to own for myself...

Booker said...

ryc- comment away! I just want to find out who the Australian is. They come from my profile link, which means that at sometime I must have left a comment on their blog, but I can't ever remember commenting on an Australians blog. And they've been dropping by a couple times a month for the last 8 or 9 months I believe. Weird :-)