2/19/2009

Corners

I was inspired recently, partly by this picture of a playroom I really loved. One thing I wanted to reproduce was the red letters spelling READ. I wasn't able to find any metal ones like hers but I found some unfinished wood letters for cheap and painted them red yesterday.













It's no designer showroom but I think the letters add a fun touch and bring out some of my favorite red objects in the room.


















There's a chair in the corner across from the bookcase, perfect for reading an old classic.













We put some curtains up finally. Just some old white tab-top curtains I've had forever but my next project is to add a little bit of something playful to those. I've already ordered some fabric. Hope I don't mess it up too much.

9 comments:

pennyjean said...

You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love that people are really getting back into how important it is to teach our children the joy of reading.

Stoneslinger said...

I love reading Tintin. I have been collecting them since I was about 8 years old. My momma made me read.

Anonymous said...

I love the rag rug and the Read and the wooden box and all...

And hurrah for another generation being reared on Tintin!

"Wooah, Snowy", and all that : )

ljm said...

Gretchen, you might remember but the rag rug was one of Aunt Jean's. It's lasted pretty well all this time.

Anonymous said...

I didn't remember, and still don't recognize it, but that's awesome. I love stuff like that.

I'm trying to think what I have of hers, and the only thing that pops into mind is a brightly colored afghan that the boys have in their room and sometimes ends up on one bed, sometimes on another. I love those little tangible connections with the past, and particularly that generation.

Unknown said...

Tintin's the best!! Great sign and rug, and I love to see a youngster reading, too! Of course, the nice thing about Tintin is that boys actually are willing to read it!

Carrie said...

I want to see your curtains when you are finished with them!

Christy said...

You are such a good mom Liane. you put such effort into creating a cozy home for your kids and I admire that! Everything you do comes out amazing! I wish I was more like you... just not creative at all.