9/21/2010

What I'm loving right now

The color that is coming:






















My recently completed Monteagle bag:






















It expands to hold a large amount of objects and is deceptively strong. I used some yarn I'd had in my stash forever (Berroco linen flax) but ran out on the handle. Only then did I discover this yarn has been discontinued. Thanks to a kind soul on Ravelry who was willing to sell me a skein from their stash.

This top-down bonnet for Sadie:















I made it a little big, remembering that this pattern tends to run small. Little heads grow so fast. Used Paton's silk bamboo which is nice and soft but terribly unforgiving yarn. I dropped (and fixed) a couple stitches and it looks like a Tasmanian Devil had a party in the dead center of the hat.

Ethan's schoolwork: (I love that soccer has become a coping skill)






















Finding the perfect color for Sadie's room. And making some progress there. (More to come on that soon...I hope.)






















Beautiful weather and a nature walk with Adam and Sadie: (with Sadie asleep)

















It's rare that I have any quality alone time with any of my kids these days. I'm trying to make it a priority. With Ethan and Drew in school, for a few mornings a week, I'm able to give more attention to Adam.






















We had fun searching for little bits of nature to bring back home with us.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Aiiiii! SADIE! You're BEAUTIFUL!

And oh my word I love these photos! Love the bag of fruit, the nature walk, the self-control worksheet, all of it!

Love YOU! Thanks for this!

Heidi said...

OMG, that little girl of yours is GORGEOUS!!! Kiss her little head for me. That is such a great picture of her. I am going through Liane withdrawl as you could probably sense from my overwhelming texts today :) Tell me when you have time to come over again and have a coffee morning. Hi to the boys, special hi to E from P.